Fishing in Playa Grande and Tamarindo
Playa Grande, Tamarindo and Playa Ventanas, make up Bahia Tamarindo. This beautiful beach features rocky areas and an island (Capitan) at its southern end. Its luxuriant greenery includes pink trumpet trees, tamarinds and coconut palms. Excellent and varied services are offered, allowing visitors to enjoy the beach by day and the nightlife after sunset. Tamarindo is ideal for relaxing, walking, horseback riding and one of the most popular sport-fishing are in Guanacaste, diving tours, as well as visiting the mangrove swamp and observing nesting sea turtles.
Tamarindo town itself is quite colorful with plenty of local Tico flavor. Here you can find several bakeries, an outdoor vegetable market, an art gallery, pottery stores, a beauty spa and more than 40 restaurants, bars and discos with cuisines to suit every palette. Easily accessible by bus, the best way to get to Tamarindo is to fly into the Liberia International Airport or if you are already in San Jose take the domestic flight to Tamarindo Domestic Airport which is just outside of town.
WE ARE BOATS OWNERS!!!
Contact Papagayo SportFishing
Call us: C.R at :: 011-(506)-8331-2731
or local in USA at :: 954-601-5141
, so why not to book with us and save some money and headaches when you vacation in Tamarindo Costa Rica. Each boat captain and crew will make all what they can do to reach the best fishing places and to catch the fish you are looking for.
There is an extra fee for pick up by boat for anglers staying at resorts such as :
- Westin Playa Conchal
- Tamarindo Diria
- JW Marriott Guanacaste (Hacienda Pinilla)
- Barcelo Playa Langosta
- Playa Flamingo Costa Rica
- When possible, we pick up, BY BOAT, from the hotel beach you stay. Contact us
by e-mail or call us directly if you have any questions about charter boats or fishing in the region.
Tamarindo Fishing Reports
Fishing On September 5th, 2013.
- Fishing is hot for both: offshore and inshore. Today we took the Ginger Copeland group deep sea fishng on board LA CHILA-G boat and they had a great day, landing 3 of 5 sailfish and 3 dorados fishing offshore. In the afternoon they were fishing inshore and caught 2 roosterfish too.
- Jesus Mendez on board the CORMORAN boat took Sarah Ruscheinsky and her group fishing for a full day. They landed 2 sailfish and caught 15 dorados.
Fishing On September 4th, 2013.
- Today was the last try for the Marcellus Plenge group and they decided to go after roosterfish for a half day charter on board the CORMORAN boat, and they did it, the released 4 roosterfish.
On September 3rd, 2013.
- Chris Christopher and his wife were deep sea fishing with us on board LA CHILA-G and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They had a nice and landed 9 of 12 sailfish and also caught 3 dorados.
- This was the Marcellus Plenge group second day charter. They were deep sea fishing on board the CORMORAN boat and Jesus Mendez captain. Released 4 of 7 sailfish and caught one dorado.
On September 2nd, 2013.
- Phillip Bryan Moore and his wife were fishing with us on board our MONO boat. They had a busy day and caught a lot of dorado, a few more of 20 of them.
On August 31, 2013.
- The group of Marcellus Plenge was fishing with us on board our LA CHILA-G boat. They had a nice inshore fishing charter catching roosterfish and other inshore species.
On August 15, 2013
Today is a holiday here in Costa Rica, this is Mother day.
Jesus Mendez on board the CORMORAN boat took Matt Katz group deep sea fishing out of Playa Conchal. They had a nice day and landed 6 of 8 sailfish.
On August 9, 2013
Arnaldo Mendez, on board LA CHILA-G boat took Alex Heinze and 3 more people deep sea fishing from Playa Conchal. They had a good time and released 4 sailfish and also caught 2 yellowfin tunas.
On August 8, 2013
This time, Mark Barbera and his family were inshore fishing on board LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo captain. They released 5 roosterfish, one hamberjack and other inshore species fishing for a full day charter.
This is not a peak marlin season; however, captains have been reporting a few blues released lately.
Jesus Mendez on board the CORMORAN boat took Roberto White and two more friends deep sea fishing. They landed the 300lbs Blue Marlin shown in the pic below.
On August 6, 2013
Arnaldo Mendez, on board LA CHILA-G boat took Mark Barbera and his family deep sea fishing. All of them had good action and landed 6 of 8 sailfish and caught 3 dorados.
On August 5, 2013
Camacho, the El Jefe boat captain took 3 people from the Exlusive Resort in Papagayo inshore fishing for a half a day. They released 2 sailfish and caught 3 dorados.
On August 4, 2013
Camacho, the El Jefe boat captain took his one guy fishing for a day. The splitted the day half day inshore and half day offshore. By the end of the day, they released 2 sailfish, caught 3 dorados and 3 roosterfish.
On August 2, 2013
Jesus Mendez, the MONO boat captain, picked Nelson Albareda and his two kids up from the Four Seasons hotel deep sea fishing for 6 hours. They had a nice day and released one sailfish and caught 18 mahi mahi.
On July 22, 2013
- More inshore fishing reports, this time Arnaldo Mendez, on board LA CHILA-G boat took the party of Garry Brunton for a full day charter. They had a nice day and caught different species fishing inshore.
On July 18, 2013
- The Steve Lee group from the Riu Guanacaste resort was fishing with us today on board LA CHILA-G boat. They were fishing half day offshore and half day in shore on a full day charter. Raised 3 sailfish and landed two of them, also, caught 2 cubera snapper, 2 dorados and 4 good sized roosterfish.
On July 15-16, 2013
Ok, right now weather is fantastic, no showers lately since this is the Veranillo de San Juan, which is 15-21 days phenomenon that stop rains and since it is not the windy season we have excellent conditions for fishing. And fishing, well, it has been nice, last week we were fishing of Catalinas islands/Flamingo region and we caught sailfish and big dorado. Captain Frank Berrocal on board the Coyote 3 reported one 300 lbs marlin, a sailfish and couple of dorados fishing of Tamarindo. Other boats reported more sailfish fishing at North of Catalinas.
Lately, we have been fishing very close to the shore, just 25-30 minutes boat running from Playa del Coco, Hermosa, Riu hotels and others spots for both: offshore and inshore. Yesterday, Jesus Mendez on board the CORMORAN reported 7 sailfish released and also caught a couple of dorados just 30 minutes of Playa del Coco. Adrian Mendez was for a half a day on board the Sea Snake boat and released one sailfish and also caught 3 jack jurel. Today, Arnaldo Mendez on board LA CHILA-G landed 2 sails, also caught 4 jack jurel, a lot of bonitos and 3 dorados.
On July 16th, Jesus Mendez, took Gary Tobiczyk and his son on board the Cormoran deep sea fishing and landed a 300 lbs marlin and also caught 2 dorados and some jacks too.
On July 12, 2013
John Kelley and his wife were deep sea fishing with us on board our Cormoran boat. Thy had a great time fishing with us and here a couple of pics from their fishing charter:
Read more fishing reports here