Reports between Oct-2010 and March-2011
Riu Guanacaste offshore fishing - March 25
Kevin Barry and couple of friends were fishing aboard our LA CHILA-G boat on March 25. They headed out of gulf of Papagayo deep sea fishing and caught some dorados, the crew cleaned and made fillets, Kevin brought back the fishg to the hotel and the fish was cooked for their dinner. They also released two very good sized sailfish.
Deep sea fishing out of Playa Flamingo - March 14
On March 14, Nelson Mendez, the Tuna Fish captain a group of friends offshore fishing out of Catalinas islands. By the end of the day they had released a 300lbs marlin.
Fishing out of Playa Conchal - March 09
Nelson Mendez, the Tuna Fish captain took 4 guys from Playa Conchal fishing offshore. Was not a lucky day for deep sea fishing; however, they had good time fishing inshore and caught a very good sized cubera snapper.
Papagayo Fishing - February 13
Offshore charters seems to be better right now and we will have more actions fishing offshore.
On Tuesday, February 8, our CORMORAN boat was fishing offshore and caught 2 dorados and released a sail. La Chila-g was fishing offshore on Thursday and they hooked two marlins and released one. They also caught 2 dorados and one yellowfin.
we had good inshore fishing in months December and January. Offshore charter were good for dorado and yellowfin, sometimes wahoo but very few marlins and sails. Inshore fishing we caught red snapper and grouppers.
deep sea fishing has been a little inconsistent lately, while one day could be a nice and busy day like the one Jennifer had, other could be bored and not productive day. Inshore has been a little more consistent, groupper has been biting and as usually, rooster.
Playa Flamingo Fishing - November 27
- Jennifer Alvarez and 3 more people were deep sea fishing out of Playa Flamingo aboard our LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They raised 3 marlins, one of black marlins broke the line and two more were released, one black and one striped.
Papagayo inshore fishing - November 19
- Antonio Venezia and his friends where fishing with us out of Allegro Papagayo resort. They released a nice rooster, caught a big jack jurel and other inshore fishes.
Playa del Coco offshore fishing - October 29
- On his third fishing day, Mr. Richard Barber released 2 sailfish. This is not a sail or marlin season; however, Mr. Baber has 3 nice charters.
Fishing out of Playa del Coco - October 27
- Also fishing aboard our CORMRORAN boat, Mr. Richard Barber was fishing offshore out of Playa del Coco. He released on sailfish.
- Today was the first day of fishing for Mr. Richar Barber. He is staying at the Hotel Coco Palms in Playas del Coco (it is 100mts from the beach) and was deep sea fishing in the Catalinas islands. His main goal for these 3 days is a black marlin. This is not the marlin season; however, Mr. Barber was looky and released two sails and a small black in a half day charter.
The lack of fishing reports is due the few charters lately. However, some captains has been reporting good billfishing lately.
Seas conditions are really good right now, some rains in the afternoon, flat seas and not wind at all; however there was a lot of rain and some bad seas condition last week due Nichole tropical storm.
- Adolfo Mendez, the LA CHILA-G captain took the Gainey deep sea fishing out of Riu Guanacaste resort. They had a busy day and released 6 sails.