Reports between April and May 2011
Roosterfishing charter on late May
- Jose Mendez, the BAHAMAS boat captain took Scott Jek inshore fishing for last two days in May (30-31) and for June 1-3. This guy was fishing inshore for rooster and dorado. He released 5 good sized roosterfish and a bunch of other fishes including dorado what is hot biting lately.
Fishing out of Riu Guanacate on May 30
- Jim Smith and his family were fishing aboard our LA CHILA-G boat in the gulf of Papagayo. They caught 4 dorados and released one sailfish.
Westin Playa Conchal Fishing Charter on May 28
- Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA-G boat captain took a couple fishing out of the new Westin Playa Conchal resort (the old Paradisus Playa Conchal). They had a busy day and caught all species they wanted: caught 10 dorados, a roosterfish and a nice sailfish; many different species in the same day.
Papagayo Roosterfishing fishing charters on May 26
- This was the second charter for Rick Dudle party. Fishing aboard LA CHILA boat and leaving out of Riu Guanacaste resort. They caught one dorado, two jack jurel and a nice roosterfish.
- John Lee and his wife were roosterfishing for a half day charter aboard our ALBATRES boat and Greivin Mendez captain. They released the above nice roosterfish.
Papagayo Fishing on May 24
- Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA-G captain took Rick Dudley and Rod Hammer offshore fishing out of Riu Guanacaste. Rod Hammer landed a sail and the other caught 3 dorados.
Actual weather conditions in Guanacaste - May 24
Weather has changed recently; there are more rains here in the Papagayo and Tamarindo regions, mainly in the afternoon and forecast for next days are similar along the country. Until now, the weather, here in Guanacaste was hot and dry, similar to dry season, but with scattered showers in some regions. But now, it has changed a little and we have to expect more rains, not so hot temperature and less sunny days.
Fishing out of Playa del Coco on May 21
- Lino Guido aboard the CORMORAN boat took Jonathan Spurrier and 2 more friends from Tamarindo fishing some spots near the Bat Islands, here is action right now. These guys got Playa del Coco; so, we could took them fishing to some spots near the Bat Islands. They released 3 good sized roosterfish, one sailfish and caught 10 dorados.
Fishing out of Hilton Papagayo on May 20
- Jeff McMahan and 3 more people from the Hilton Papagyao where fishing aboard LA CHILA-G and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They where fishing inshore for rooster and released 2 of them and later released a sail and caught one dorado for dinner.
Fishing Reports on May 17th
Captains have been reporting sails and mahi mahi fishing offshore. Inshore, rooster and dorado also. Both fishing in the gulf of Papagayo, fishing off Tamarindo has been a little slow.
Below, there are a few reports from some boats; however, many others were fishing too with good success.
Papagayo inshore fishing on May 16
- two people fishing out of Riu Guanacaste were fishing aboard LA CHILA-G for a half day. They released this nice sailfish and caught 4 dorados.
- four people were inshore fishing aboard our CORMORAN boat. They released 2 roosterfish and caught 3 dorados.
- Jairo, the Ryan Lindy captain took Louis Otto and some friends offshore fishing in Papagayo. They released one sail and caught 3 dorados.
Playa del Coco offshore fishing on May 15:
- This time Jairo Contreras, the Ryan Lindy captain took Lester Giordano offshore fishing for a full day. They raised 6 sails and landed 3 of them.
- Nelson Mendez, the Tuna Fish captain, took 4 guys fishing out of Flamingo beach. They fished in the gulf of Papagayo and released 6 sailfish.
Fishing out of Riu Guanacaste on May 14:
- Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA captain, took William Hart from the Riu Guanacaste resort fishing offshore for a full day. They released 3 sails and caught one jack jurel.
- Four guys from the Riu Guanacaste were fishing aboard our Cormoran boat for a full day and caught 4 dorados.
Playa Hermosa fishing on May 11th:
Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA boat captain took a family fishing out of Playa Hermosa. They wanted to catch dorado but landed a 200 plus pounds blue marlin and had to comeback at noon due one of the got seasickness
Papagayo Fishing Charters
Fishing in Papagayo, both, inshore and offshore has improved lately, boats have been releasing sails and marlin fishing both inshore and offshore; yes, boats fishing inshore have been releasing sails and marlin, off course, rooster and dorado.
Papagayo fishing Charters- April 28
- Jim White and his family were offshore fishing aboard our LA CHILA-G boat. They caught 6 dorados and released one sail.
- Jesus Mendez, the Cormoran boat reported the client Thom Spaulding from Playa del Coco released one sail and caught 6 dorados.
Papagayo fishing - April 27
- David and Katherine Buttigieg from the Riu Guanacaste
were fishing for a half day aboard LA CHILA-G boat, they raised two sails and released one of them.
- Greivin Mendez aboard the ALBATRES boat took Steve Karel and his wife inshore fishing and caught 3 dorado.
- Jose Mendez the Bahamas boat captain took the below 3 guy inshore fishing to the gulf of Papagayo. They caught 12 yellowfin tunas and 6 dorados.
Papagayo inshore fishing - April 26
- Steve Karel and his wife were inshore fishing aboard our ALBATRES boat and Greivin Mendez captain. After 3 hours, around 11am they released a nice roosterfish, Mr. Karel dream came true. Later, around 1:30pm them came into a 250 +pounds blue marlin, Mr. Karel second dream, the marlin was released around 3pm.
- Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA-G captain took Patrick Fixter and his family fishing out of Four Seasons Papagayo hotel. They caught 2 dorados, one jack jurel and released one sailfish.
- Jesus Mendez aboard CORMORAN boat took 3 guys inshore fishing out of Riu Guanacaste, they released one roosterfish and 3 dorados.
Papagayo inshore fishing - April 22-23
Jesus Mendez the Cormoran boat captain took a couple inshore fishing out of Riu Guanacaste. On April 22 they was not lucky with inshore species; however, they released a 200 pounds blue marlin and a sail fish. On April 23, also, fishing inshore released 2 sail fish and caught 4 dorados.
Papagayo inshore fishing Charters- April 20
- Jose Mendez, the Bahamas boat captain took a couple inshore fishing in the gulf. They caught two dorados and released one sail.
Papagayo inshore fishing - April 18-19
Jesus Mendez the Cormoran boat took Mr. Bill Descher and his son billfishing out of Playa Conchal in gulf of Papagayo.. here the fishing report from Mr. Descher:
"Had great time on Cormoran fishing with Jesus and Luis. They both worked really hard to get us on some fish. Caught my first marlin ever and they thought it was in the 300 pound range! My 9 year old son caught his first sailfish ever and we landed plenty of mahi mahi as well. If we ever make it back to your area I will definitely fish with you again and I will recommend your charter service to any friends visiting Costa Rica.
Thanks for the trip and the memories,
Playa Flamingo offshore fishing - April 13
in a last minute booking, Chuck book our LA CHILA-G boat a day before for his family. He wanted to catch some fish, does not matter what but some fish. They had a nice days and rised 5 sailfish and a marlin and released 4 sails. Howerver, the charter ended 2 hours before due on of their daughter got seasickness. Seas conditions has been really nice lately; this is the transition month between dry season (windy) and rainy season; so, you have to expect flat seas and no rainy at all.
Playa Hermosa deep sea fishing - April 11
Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA-G captain took Mark Hijak fishing out of Villa Sol in Playa Hermosa. They had a busy day, raised 3 marlin and released 2 of them, they also raised two sailfish and landed one of them.
Fishing out of JW Marriott Guanacaste - April 08
Rob Gluckman and his wife were fishing aboard LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They leave out of Flamingo beach and headed to the gulf of Papagayo for a deep sea fishing day. They landed a sail and a 200lbs black marlin.