Fishing Reports for May and Nov 2012
On November 19,
- Wes Davison and his family, from the Flamingo Beach Resort, were deep sea fishing on board LA CHILA-G boat.They had a nice day and landed 2 sailfish and caught 4 dorados.
On August 23,
Lindsay McAlpin and her husband leaving from Westin Playa Conchal were deep sea fishing on board the LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They had a fantastic day landing 6 sailfish, one blue marlin and caught one bull dorado.
On August 21,
We picked Lorenzo Fusco up from Flamingo beach and took him deep sea fishing in front of Tamarindo beach on board LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. This guy had a busy day, we raised 10 sails and two sails. One of the marlins broke the line; however, we released 4 sails and caught 2 bull dorados.
Nelson Mendez, the Dream On captain took a group of 4 people inshore fishing to Playa Blanca. They had a nice day and caught 3 big dorados, one big roosterfish and 4 wahoos.
Robert Willis was inshore fishing on board the BAHAMAS boat. The weather is pretty nice, flat seas, no windy conditions and scattered showers mainly in the afternooon; so, they decided to reach some fishing spots near the Bat Islands. The main catch today was the very good sized roosterfish show below; however, they also caugth a bunch of other fishes.
On August 20,
We picked Teremce Mcfwgenw From Playa Flamingo beach, he and two more people traveled from JW Marriott to meet our LA CHILA-G boat here. We headed North, some fishing spots near the Bat islands. They landed a sailfish, caught 3 dorados and 5 wahoos.
On August 14,
Brady Tarrant group were fishing out of Grand Papagayo on board LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They caught 5 wahoo, 2 dorados, one roosterfish and landed one sailfish.
On August 8,
Joe Patrykus was deep sea fishing out of Playa del Coco on board the WAHOO boat and Lino Guido captain. They reached offshore spots out of Catalinas islands, near Flamingo beach and released two sailfish.
Fishing out of Riu Guanacaste On July 27-29,
Ben Crabtree was fishing for two days on board our LA CHILA-G boat. He has two days of good fishing and caught many different species including sails, wahoo, dorado, roosterfish and others.
On July 26,
This day, Eric Rudge and his wife were fishing with us on board our CORMORAN boat for a full day and here their feedback:
"Just wanted to say thanks for an amazing time out on the water last Thursday. My wife and I went out on the Cormoran with Miguel and Louis. I could not have asked for a better crew. Capt. Miguel definitly knew where the fish were and Louis worked harder than any deckhand I've ever been out with. Everything was awesome! From picking us up from out hotel to the beer and food, and of course my Sailfish!. Everything was first class! Please pass my thanks on to Miguel and Louis. They are a great team and gave us memories that will last a lifetime. We are already planning a return trip to Costa Rica and can't wait to be back out on the Cormoran! Thought I would attach a few pictures from our trip. Feel free to use them for marketing purposes if you wish."
On July 13,
Four girls were inshore fishing out of Flamingo beach on board the Wahoo boat. They released one sailfish and caught 2 dorados.
Vicente Yezak, one son and 2 daugther were inshore fishing on board the Tuna Fish boat out of Riu Guanacaste. They released one sailfish and one roosterfish. Other two boats were inshore fishing with them with little success.
On July 12,
A couple was deep sea fishing on board the Tuna Fish boat for a full day. They raised up to 8 sails but only 2 were released.
Fishing out of Four Seasons on July 6,9,11,
John Frizell and his young kid were inshore fishing with us for 3 days on board the Bahamas and Jose Mendez captain. They had 3 days of good inshore fishing, the weather was pretty nice and they enjoyed the fishing. As pics show, his son caught different species including dorado, jack jurel and roosterfish.
On July 11,
Two people were fishing out of Four Seasons Papagayo on board the Sea Snake for a half a day. They relesed a selfish and caught one dorado.
On July 9,
Rocco Montesano and his two sons were fishing half day inshore fishing on board the WAHOO boat and Lino Guido Captain. They had a nice day and released this nice roosterfish.
I also took my 15 years old son, Esteban Mendez, inshore fishing for a couple of hours on board our LA CHILA-G. We caught one jack jurel, 3 small dorados and one tuna, just for lunch.
On July 7,
From Playa del Coco, two people were inshore fishing for a half a day on board the Wahoo boat; they caught this nice yellowfin tuna and 5 dorados.
On July 1,
Charles Sobredo got married just yesterday and as a gift he got an offshore charter with 8 friends. They are fishing on board LA CHILA-G and CORMORAN boats, by now, guys on board LA CHILA-G had released two sails and on the Cormoran one, also raised a marlin but they could not release it, people on board LA CHILA caught the good sized mahi mahi on the pic.
On May 22,
Bob Duprey and 3 more friends were deep sea fishing on board LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They had a blue marlin on the line; however, it broke the line, also raised 6 sails and released 4 sailfish and caught one wahoo.
On May 21,
Joshua Brannan, his wife and one more couple were inshore fishing on board the Sea Snake near Playa Huevos here in Papagayo. They had a nice morning fishing for roosterfish, they released 5 small rooster. At noon, the were dropped off at Playa Huevos and had a few minutes sight seeing at the cave and some racoons at the beach. In the afternoon they were fishing for dorado and caught 4 of them and bring home for dinner.
On May 17,
yes, right now there are a wonderfull quantity of bait, mainly small dorado, everywhere in the gulf of Papagayo. This is the reason why small boats, fishing inshore, have been releasing sails and marlin very close to the shore.
- A couple from the Hilton Papagayo - Mark Grundy and his wife - were inshore fishing on board our BAHAMAS boat and Jose Mendez captain. On a full day charter they released one sailfish, one roosterfish and 15 small dorados.
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
The rainy season is here, it starts in May and will finish in early November. By now, some showers in the afternoon; flat seas and not windy conditions make weather conditions for fish: EXCELLENT!!!.
Many inshore species are cought with good success: rooster, big goliath fish, hamberjack, small dorado and others. Right now we have had some blue marlin and sailfish, also big dorado and wahoo.
On May 15,
In their second fishing day, Jordan Moss and his son were deep sea fishing on board our LA CHILA-G boat. They raised two blue marlins and released one, also released one sailfish and caught 2 dorados.
On May 14,
- Jordan Moss (father and son) were inshore fishing on board the ALBATRES boat. We left from Playa del Coco and fished in the gulf near Las Varas and Respingue points. They released 3 small roosterfish and one dorado.
- Three people fished out of Grand Papagayo on board our Wahoo boat. They fished full day inshore and had a good time and busy day. They released one sailfish, one rooster and caught 8 small dorados.
- A group of 3 people from the Riu Guanacaste were fishing inshore on board the CORMORAN boat. They had a busy day and caught: one 40 pounds wahoo, 4 goliath fish (20-40pounds), one hamberjack and one dorado.
On May 13,
- Tana Marie and her husband (just married couple) where inshore fishing for a half day. They wanted to leave at noon and fish in the afternoon. They had a good time fishing on board the Sea Snake releasing 3 roosterfish.
- A couple were fishing on board the CORMORAN boat. They booked a full day and fished half day inshore and half day offshore. Released one sailfish, one hamberjack, one cubera and 2 goliath fish.
Now we are in the transition month between rainy season and dry season. We have had very good seas conditions, calms seas, very few rains, a lot of sun and not wind at all; so, it is perfect to go out there and target for a sail or a big roosterfish.
- Steve Saunders and 3 more friends from the Riu Guanacaste where fishing for a full day aboard the MONO boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They did deep sea fishing in the morning and released a sail; later, came to the shore and released two roosterfish and other bunch of inshore fishes. As you can see in the pics below, seas conditions are perfect to be fishing, no matter where offshore or inshore!!!!