Playa Flamingo Fishing Reports
On August 29,
Lino Guido, the Wahoo captain, took a family from the Four Seasons Papagayo Resort for a 3 hours charter. They caught one wahoo and one tuna.
On August 28,
On this Playa Grande fishing charter, 3 guys aboard the La Chila-G boat, with Jesus Mendez captain were fishing offshore. They raised 5 sailfish and released 3 of them, also they caught one dorado and one wahoo.
- Arnaldo Mendez, aboard the CORMORAN boat took a couple from Villas Recreo
in Bahia Salinas, inshore fishing for a full day. They released two nice rooster fish and one dorado.
- Brandon Phillips and 4 freinds were fishing aboard the LA CHILA-G boat with Jesus Mendez captain. They released 3 roosterfish, 5 needlefish and caugh one dorado and one cubera snapper.
- Lino Guido aboard, the WAHOO boat took a Mika Grosso and his family inshore fishing to the Catalinas islands. They released a 60 plus pounds rooster and caught one wahoo.
- Lino Guido aboard, the WAHOO boat took a family from Coco beach inshore fishing to the Catalinas islands. They released 2 good sized roosterfish and a 40lbs wahoo.
- Arnaldo Mendez aboard, the LA CHILA-G boat took Dylan Snap and a friend fishing out to the golfo de Papagayo. They caught two dorados, one of the 40-50lbs and released one sailfish.
- Jeus Mendez aboard, the CORMORAN boat took Andy White and his wife fishing to the Bat islands. They caught one dorado, one rainbow runner and released one sailfish.
- Adrian Mendez, the SEA SNAKE boat captain took James Bettis from Playa Grande inshore fishing to the Catalinas islands. They raised two sails and released one, also released one roosterfish.
- Lino Guido, the WAHOO boat captain took Mika Grasso
, Mika's mother and his cousin from JW Marriot in Tamarindo. They where fishing offshore/inshore in the Catalinas islands. Raised 2 sails and landed one, also released one nice rooster and caught a Mackarel for dinner as Mika said.
- On this charter from Playa Conchal, Steve Pearson and a friend where fishing aboard the CORMORAN
boat. They raised 3 sails and released two, also caught 3 dorados.
- Today was the Joe Bergler last fishing day with us aboard the ALBATRES boat. Inshore fishing for a half day he caught two nice hamberjacks.
- Chris Submmit, his wife and a couple of friends were fishing for their third inshore day aboard the LA CHILA-G boat. They released 2 good sized rooster and a bunch of other fishes.
- Brandon Phillips and 3 friends from the Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Costa Rica were fishing aboard the CORMORAN< boat. Fishing offshore from Playas del Coco, they raised 5 sailfish and released 2 and caught one dorado.
- El senor Eduardo Bravo and his family, from the Paradisus Playa Conchal, were fishing aboard the CORMORAN boat. As other people on days before, they were fishing between 5 and 10 miles offshore from the Catalinas islands. They raised 6 sailfish releasing 4; also caught one dorado.
- On this fishing charter from the Hilton Papagayo Resort, Chris Summit and his family where fishing aboard the LA CHILA-G boat. Fishing inshore they caught a bull dorado, one rooster and some others inshore species.
- Joe Bergler was fishing again on the ALBATRES boat. He landed a very nice rooster fish, one big dorado and one jurel.
- Bruce Skinner and a party of 8 friends were fishing aboard the CORMORAN and the LA CHILA-G boats. People on the CORMORAN caught nothing, however people aboard the LA CHILA-G raised 3 sails and released 2 of them, they also caught a 300lbs Black Marlin.
- Chris Summmitt was fishing aboard the LA CHILA-G boat with Arnaldo Mendez captain. They raised 3 sails and released one.
- Lino Guido captain aboard the Wahoo boat took Keilly Bookchout offshore fishing. They raised 4 sails and released 2.
- On this fishing charter from Paradisus Playa Conchal, Lino Guido, aboard the CORMORAN boat took Micheal Hermance and a friend deep sea fishing in the golfo de Papagayo. They raised 3 sails, one released, one broke the line, also caught one dorado.
- Jose Mendez, the ALBATRES boat captain took Karen Streets and her family, from the Hilton Resort inshore fishing for a half day. They caught 6 dorados.
- Adrian Mendez, the SEA-SNAKE boat captain took Kevin Dicuoto and his family for a half day inshore fishing. They raised 2 sails and released one.
- Robert Bristol, from Paradisus Playa Conchal, was fishing today aboard the CORMORAN boat with Lino Guido captain for a full day offshore in the golfo de Papagayo. Eight sailfish raised and five released, also a big needlefish.
- Today was day number 3 for Ferdinand Lossl
and his wife, from Germany, today aboard the TUNA-FISH
boat with Nelson Mendez captain. They were fishing offshore from Flamingo beach. Ferdinand released a nice 400lbs black marlin, a sailfish and caught one dorado.
- Joe Bergler, from the Ocotal beach, aboard the ALBATRES boat with Jose Mendez captain had a nice inshore fishing today. He released 3 good sized roosterfish, two dorados, one jurel and a lot of bonitos.
- We had a better weather today, no wind at all, no rough sea, we could fish with a normal season weather. In other hand, action has changed from Bat islands to 5-10 miles offshore from Catalinas, out from Flamingo beach.
- Lino Guido aboard the CORMORAN boat took Tommy Jenkins, his son and Clay Robertson and his wife on a shared charter from Playa Conchal offshore fishing to the Golfo de Papagayo. They raised 7 sailfish and released 5, also caught one dorado.
- Berry Hudephol and his family were fishing aboard the LA CHILA-G boat. They raised 3 sailfish, 2 hooked and one released.
- Jesus Mendez aboard the CORMORAN boat took Timmoty Yakubec, from Ocotal beach, offshore fishing. They raised 3 sailfish and released one.
- Today was the second day for Ferdinand Lossl aboard the LA CHILA-G boat. Four sails raised, two of them released.
- The Wahoo boat, with Lino Guido captain took Tommy Jenkins and his son from Paradisus Playa Conchal offshore fishing. They had a Blue marlin for 2 hours, however it broke the line 15 mts from the boat.
- Arnaldo Mendez aboard the LA CHILA-G boat took Ferdinand Lossl from Flamingo beach fishing out to the golfo de Papagayo. They raised 4 sails, 3 hooked and 2 released, Ferdinand also caught two nice 50lbs yellowfin tunas.