Fishing Reports - Sept. - October 2009
On October 25,
Candy Dedner and her husband, from the Grand Papagayo Resort, were fishing aboard the CORMORAN boat. They caught 6 very good sized mahi-mahi.
On October 20,
Ryan Domack and Cray Driscoll, from the Grand Papagayo Resort, were fishing again aboard the LA CHILA-G boat with Jesus Mendez captain. They released one sail and caught 6 dorados / mahi and one jack jurel.
We took some fillets to the Papagayo Seafood Resturant
in Coco beach. They prepared the fish and Ryan and Cray got later the restaurant where enjoyed the fish.
On October 19,
Terry Martin, from the Hilton Papagayo Resort, were fishing aboard the LA CHILA-G boat with Arnaldo Mendez captain. They released one sail.
On October 18,
Ryan Domack and Cray Driscoll, from the Grand Papagayo Resort, were fishing aboard the LA CHILA-G boat with Jesus Mendez captain. They released one sail and caught 5 dorados / mahi.
On October 07,
David Miles and his brother from the 4 Seasons resort, fishing aboard the LA CHILA-G boat caught 11 good sized dorados/mahi and one hamberjack..
On October 05,
- David Miles and his brother, inshore fishing out of the Four Seasons Papagayo
aboard the Albatres boat with Adolfo Mendez captain caught a nice rooster fish in the nearby Catalinas islands.
On October 04,
- Today Art Wichert and his party aboard our two boats: LA CHILA-G with Arnaldo Mendez captain and the CORMORAN boat with Jesus Mendez captain were fishing south from Tamairndo beach. Art Wichert released one 350lbs black marlin and from the LA CHILA-G boat reported one sail released and 4 dorados caught.
On October 03,
- The Art Wichert party were fishing aboard our two boats: LA CHILA-G with Arnaldo Mendez captain and the CORMORAN boat with Jesus Mendez captain. They were fishing offshore from Tamarindo beach. People on the LA CHILA-G boat released 2 sailfish and caught two dorados and one rainbow runner, from the CORMORAN boat reported 2 sails released and five dorados.
- Adrian Mendez aboard the Sea Snake took 3 people from Playas del Coco inshore fishing close to Catalinas islands. They released a nice roosterfish and caught one dorado and one needlefish.
On September 25,
Angel Perales and his wife from the JW Marriot in Tamarindo
were fishing aboard our LA CHILA-G boat with Arnaldo Mendez captain. They released one 300pounds blue marlin and caught one dorado for dinner.
On September 20,
- Allyson Shaneyfelt and her party of 8 from Paradisus Playa Conchal were fishing aboard our two boats: LA CHILA-G and CORMORAN offshore from Catalinas islands. The people aboard the LA CHILA-G released 3 sailfish and one blue marlin, also caught one dorado. From the CORMORAN reported one sail released.
On September 09,
- Richard Allen and his wife (on their honeymoon) from Playa Conchal were fishing aboard the Wahoo boat with Lino Guido captain. They raised 3 sails and released one, also caught 1 dorado.
- Arnaldo Mendez, aboard the LA CHILA-G boat took Ryan Hartman, his father-in-law and other 3 friends from the Exclusive Resort Papagayo inshore fishing for rooster. They released one 70+pounds rooster, two dorados and one wahoo.
On September 07,
- Lisa Roeder and her family from the Grand Papagayo, aboard the Wahoo boat with Lino Guido captain where fishing offshore from Catalinas islands. They raised 6 sailfish and released 3, also caught 3 dorados and 1 yellowfin.
- Adolfo Mendez, aboard the Cormoran boat took Patrick Smith and 3 friends from Tamarindo beach fishing offshore. They raised 8 sailfish and released 5 of them.
On September 06,
Lino Guido, the Wahoo captain, took three guys from the Occidental Grand Papagayo inshore fishing. They caught 4 very good sized dorados.
On September 05,
A group from Condovac La Costa in Playa Hermosa Guanacaste, with Arnaldo Mendez aboard the LA CHILA-G boat were fishing out from Tamarindo. They raised 4 sails and released 2, also caught 2 mid-size dorados.
On September 03,
Jake Nemis and his wife were fishing with Lino Guido aboard teh Wahoo boat. They raised two sailfish and released one.